Thursday 12 December 2013

Mango

This is a debut. This is the first mobile app to be "reviewed" here, at POPinions. Mango is relevant to me and somehow makes its way to this blog because it allows me to read my favorite manga.

Mango is a multiplatform app, available to Android and Blackberry devices. It is not available at the Play Store and the only way to get it's to download it at it's developers site (http://mango.leetsoft.net/). Believing in the developers the app is used by over 15000 users every day, and I'm one of them. I really do not like to read mangas or books in the computer so I prefer to use an app in my tablet. After trying many apps, Mango was the chosen one.

THE (+) THINGS:

  •  It has 9 different sources to read from.
  • It has hundreds of manga available.
  • Clean look and simple to use.
  • Pre-loads the next pages to avoid loading times when you change a page.
  • Favorites system that saves your progress and allows you to continue where you stopped.
  • Option to create a library and to easily download chapters to read offline.
  • It's free.
 
THE (-) THINGS:

  • Slow animations in the page transitions, I had to turn them off.
  • When online, there are ads at the beggining of each chapter.
  • As far as I know, it's impossible to read anything besides what it's available online by the app.


Using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7' I can read without any problem but I wouldn't mind to have a bigger screen with a better resolution. Anything smaller than 7' makes almost impossible to use this app.

For me, Mango is the best app to read manga in an Android device. I give it 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment